Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'm drunk I suppose


There is a band that has shaped me in every capable way I can imagine, it has affected and effected my life that I would not be the person I am without them.
One day I want to have the effect they have on me, on other people. I want to be able to inspire others and push them to chase their dreams and do the impossible.
This band has been with me for a little more than a 8 years now, and I still love them and feel the same I have fealt the first time I heard them.
They were the second of my 'introductory' bands I am still loyal to to this day.
There is not one song of there's that I do not have a memory too or an emotional or physical reaction.
Without their influence in my life I would have never met my best friend, learned to deal with the bullies who constantly taunted and made fun of me, or the fact that I was plain different.
With their last cd being a concept album their costumes ignited an interest in fashion for me.
I learned that clothing can stand for something and can reveal hidden messages.
This being one of the things that affected me attending FIDM and the start to my fashion design experience.
Music and Clothing that can burn a flame under you and evoke a feeling and emotion are few and far apart.


My Epitaph will read; Here lays the grrl that conquered the world with a needle and thread in one hand and a record in the other bruised and black stub. With a cigarette hanging off her chapped lips she ignited a fire under the thousands and to stand in front of the black parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment