Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Old Lady Chic

This past week since I have finished my first year at FIDM has been very rewarding and exciting!
I have done quite a bit of shopping, and have gained some wonderful wardrobe pieces.
My Mother describes my fashion style as, and I quote "Old-Lady Chic".
I find it quite amusing that she think so, because I just think I loof fancy and classy!
None the less she likes coming shopping with me and is one of my best buddies, so I have no problem being Mommies Little Monster.
And to her suprise, I also have a french manicure!
She just laughs and gives me a look everytime I 'change'.
I don't really think I am changing...rather I am growing up and becoming the person I am meant to be.

Oh! And I also took out my plugs.
I am quite happy with the decision. After 5 years of having them I just feel I am not the same person I was when I began the experience.
When I was a kid I wanted them because they looked really interesting and wild! Then I put meaning and thought behind why I was doing them.
But I have know found better ways to express myself, threrfor after a lond dileberation, I took them out.
It has been 3 days and they are still 'shrinking'. It will take a couple weeks for the whole to lessen but it will still be quite large. No matter though, I never want them to fully disappear because they are part of my history and who I am.

From my shopping experiences I have gained two hats, a floral handbag, a sweater shirt garment, and a Velvet Coat thing.
I am quite proud of my items and can't wait to wear them.
The hats have been worn quite a lot.
Someone ask me on a fancy date so I can wear them!! Lunch & Tea PLEASE!!

They look like crap on a hanger, but look amazing on! If I didn't feel so crappy I would take better photos...oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment