Monday, February 15, 2010

Life of a Fashion Design Student

I spend most of my days alone in my room/studio doing homework.
Sewing, drafting, draping, sketching, coloring, etc!
Researching Art, looking at ancient ways of dress and learning nonsense I will never have use for.

So 75% of my week is spent at school doing work, or being at home doing homework.
Commuting from school back home in the far off region of the east bay takes up 10% of my time, a total of 6 hours a week, or more if I go to labs.
Meaning I spend $30+ a week on commute not counting gas.
10% of my time is spent eating, sleeping, pooping, cleaning my house, etc.
And that leaves me with 10% of time to go out and have fun.
To be honest, I hate going out now. Because it takes me ages to recover from a night out on the town, I hate waisting money when I can spend it more wisely.
Oh! And I have no time for a job, so I'm pretty off mooching of my Mom.
I'm eighteen, living at home, doing side work to make cash, and broke as hell.

I just love my life.
In all honesty, I ADORE MY LIFE!
Why? Because life isn't going to be easy on you, I like stress, I feed of anger, and live on zero time.
I'm constantly busy, and doing something, being with someone, whatever!!

I can't say how much I adore going to school everyday.
I have met some of the most beautiful people ever, with the biggest hearts, and endless imagination.
My fellow peers are the few that understand the amount of pressure and stress that go into out studies, it's crazy.
The ladies are losing their hair, pulling it out, falling out, getting it pulled out.
Stress, fights, you name it, it's happened.
The most hardcore kids I have met have been fashion design students.
They are Hardcore cause they have something to prove.
We will tear you apart, and prove we're the best.

This is my school, and I love everything about it.
The teachers are amazing, the students are beyond words, and yeah point blank we're better than you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment